Located in remote areas, with difficult and challenging access, wind farms need reliable permanent instrumentation requiring no on-site maintenance or calibration.
The PLUG & FORGET solution of Opsens Solutions represents a true maintenance free sensing system. Once installed, no intervention is ever required at sensor location.
With the QUICK CONNECT feature, instrumenting a full blade will require less than 45 minutes. The sensors can even be mounted without cable to facilitate installation in work zone where cable management could be an issue.
Significant benefits related to blade instrumentation:
- NO TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION REQUIRED
- NO NEED TO PRE-TENSION THE STRAIN SENSOR (OUTSTANDING REPEATABILITY IN BOTH TRACTION AND COMPRESSION)
- STRAIN SENSOR NOT AFFECTED BY TRANSVERSE STRAIN
- INSTANTANEOUS RETURN TO INITIAL STRAIN LEVEL (NO LATENCY)
- For both static and dynamic testing (kHz sampling rate)
- Sensors can be embedded in composite material, inside the hollow structure or on the blade directly
- Low profile sensors generating no turbulences
- Specifically designed to optimize wind turbine performances
Foundation and Pile monitoring
To assess the structural integrity of all the components supporting the turbine
- The sensors can be installed on the pile surface without cable to optimize structure instrumentation. Sensors are simply connected after construction.
- Ultra-robust design able to sustain the harsh conditions related to driving pile in the ground
- Sensors can sustain a permanent load of 300 bars without affecting their performances
- In-site extensometer to be embedded in fresh concrete
- Geotechnical pressure sensor for offshore structure or to monitor ground water level
Power module surveillance
Temperature is a key parameter that affects the operation and reliability of power electronic systems. Therefore, there is a growing need for more accurate measurement methods. Temperature measurement of fiber optic sensors can have a unique added value in predicting remaining life (based on physics-based degradation models) in applications with advanced condition-based monitoring requirements. Especially for hard-to-reach remote assets such as offshore wind farm.
You need a specific Fiber Optic sensor?