Opsens Solutions’ OPP-GF, MEMS-based fiber optic pressure sensor specially packaged for spot welding installation. Its low and smooth profile is perfectly tailored to meet the challenges of pressure monitoring applications in environments where fluid flow and aerodynamic forces must not be perturbed by the presence of the sensor.
The OPP-GF sensor delivers long term accuracy and durability with a pressure operating range of up to 700 kPa. It is particularly well adapted for pressure monitoring of blade turbine surfaces, wind and hydraulic tunnels and penstock pipes. Mounted into a rugged stainless steel body, the OPP-GF is designed to work in hazardous and corrosive environments.
The OPP-GF pressure sensor is compatible with all Opsens Solutions’ WLPI (Patent #7,259,862) signal conditioners. The sensor can be mounted with a fiber optic cable of a length of up to three kilometers. This permits to locate its signal conditioner far away from the measuring zone. The later can be mounted on rotating parts as well such as the hub of a turbine shaft.
This compact and very robust probe can be customized to specific customer requirements.
- Small and low weight spot-weldable
- Low and smooth profile design
- Rugged stainless steel body
- Complete EMI/RFI/Lightning immunity
- Intrinsically safe
- Field-proven accuracy and long term reliability
- Signal conditioner can be mounted on rotating parts
- Blade turbine surface pressure monitoring
- Penstock pipe pressure monitoring
- Energy applications
- Aerospace and Defense
- Wind and hydraulic tunnels pressure monitoring
- Geotechnical applications
- Hazardous, corrosive and nuclear environments
- Small and confined space application
|Measuring range (other ranges available on request)
<0.02 % F.S. (Range dependant)
|Thermal coefficient of Zero
< 0.03% F.S / °C
|Temperature operating range
-45°C to 65°C
Up to 3 km (Sampling rate dependent, consult factory for more details)
SCA (Standard), SC (Standard), other connector available on request
From ruggedized flexible outdoor cable to robust stainless steel cable
|Signal conditioner compatibility
All Opsens Solutions’ WLPI signal conditioners
Opsens Solutions Inc. reserves the right to make any changes to the above specifications without prior notice.
Do you need help to find your optic pressure sensor ?