The RadSens-type signal conditioners and OTG-R-type fiber optic temperature sensors are unique products specifically designed for Radio and Radar Radiation Hazards (RADHAZ) applications, Hazard of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO) applications, and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing assessment of bridge-wire electro-explosive devices (EED).
A simple but robust spectrophotometric technique, it relies on the temperature dependence of the bandgap of GaAs semiconductor crystal. GaAs crystal is opaque for wavelengths below its bandgap and transparent for wavelengths above it. The transition region, i.e. the bandgap spectral position, is a function of the temperature.
The RadSens solution was designed to provide high level of flexibility essential for HERO applications. Already adopted by major Army, Navy and Air force across the world, the RadSens offers many unique advantages and benefits:
Benefits & Added Value
- 1,000 Hz sampling rate scalable from 100 Hz to 1K Hz
- Sensitivity and detection capacity of < 2 mA.
- Insensitive to EMI, RF, vibration induced noise and external perturbations.
- Easy interfacing system, touch screen, on-board computer, all digital data capabilities.
- Easy to use, no need for a calibration factor to be entered when the sensor is connected.
- Greatly improve setup time and productivity with a simple connect & measure feature.
- High adaptability to test area by accepting extension cables with no degradation of signal (up to 100 meters)
- Direct Reading in C°, F°, dB, mW or mA.
- Absolute temperature measurement solution.
- Sensor to sensor consistency.
- Optional turnkey sensor assembly on most EED devices.
You need a specific Fiber Optic sensor?