By combining the advantages of fiber optic strain sensor and application engineering, Opsens is able to provide many adapted sensing solutions to meet the challenges of specific monitoring application.
The miniature size and high accuracy of Opsens fiber optic strain are perfect to measure any change in dimension due to stress, moving load, creep, temperature change, moisture change or chemical growth. Impervious to radio-frequency interference, these fiber optic sensors are perfectly tailored to monitor strain and deformation with high precision in tough testing environments with extreme temperature, high pressure, liquid immersion, and corrosive chemicals.
Highly configurable, the sensor is adapted to fit the requirement of numerous applications, and could be offered in different packages such as (but not limited to):
- Embedded within composite/steel structure (wind farm and aerospace)
- Bi-directional load cell and strain cell
- Strain plate presenting multiple deformation level on different axis
- Short and long base extensometer
- Concrete embeddable strain transducer
- Integration in bolt to measure torque
- Spot welded strain gages
These intrinsically safe solutions have all the natural advantages of fiber optic such as complete immunity to microwave and electromagnetic/electrical disturbances. They also provide significant benefits such as:
- Immunity to temperature variation. Thus, the spot welding strain sensor will not be affected by the temperature generated by the soldering process
- Support used for extensometer and spot welded sensor are made of stainless steel 316L to meet the challenges of marine environment
- Sensor can be sealed up to 300 bars pressure
- Not affected by transverse deformation
- Up to 10,000 microstrain range
- No drift over time
You need a specific Fiber Optic sensor?