The PicoM is a compact and portable signal conditioner to be used with Opsens’ GaAs OTG-M series fiber optic temperature sensor.
At the heart of the PicoM is the Opsens’ Semiconductor Band Gap (SCBG) technology which provides a mean for making accurate measurements of the temperature-dependent bandgap position of GaAs crystal.
The PicoM is equipped with a large visible LCD display and can be battery operated. It comes with a standard ± 5 V output and a RS-232 communication port for real-time data acquisition. The PicoM can be controlled directly using the front-panel keypad or remotely using the standard RS-232 interface. A rugged casing with a removable rubber boot provides good mechanical protection against intensive handling in tough environments.
With a 50 Hz sampling rate and a ± 0.3 °C accuracy (total accuracy including both signal conditioner and sensor errors), the PicoM delivers the performances needed for a wide range of medical measurement applications.
- Compact and rugged design with rubber boot casing protection
- Versatile and easy to use with large LCD display
- High linearity and precision
- 50 Hz sampling rate
- ± 5 V and RS-232 output interfaces
- MRI, RFI, microwave, EMI, ultrasound and electro surgery environments
- Temperature monitoring for preclinical and research applications
- High voltage environments
- Microwave and food processing
- Nuclear and hazardous environments
- Civil engineering and geotechnical
|Number of channels||
Opsens GaAs (SCGB) series fiber optic temperature sensors
0.1 °C (On Display)
± 0.3°C (Range from 20 °C to 45 °C including both signal conditioner and sensor errors) ± 0.8°C (Range from – 20°C to 250°C including both signal conditioner and sensor errors)
50 Hz standard
±5 V and RS-232 standard
9 to 24 VDC (AC/DC wall-transformer adapter included)
1.8 W typical
Plastic casing with a removable rubber boot protection
|Dimensions (without rubber boot protection)||
45 mm (H) x 105 mm (W) x 165 mm (L)
-40 °C to 70 °C
10 °C to 45 °C
95 % non-condensing
|Light source life span||
150 000 hours ( > 17 years) MTBF
All specifications are subject to change without prior notifications
Do you need help to find your signal conditioner ?