The OTG-PM is made with industry standard optical fiber and is compatible with all Opsens Solutions’ GaAs (SCBG) signal conditioners. Its small size and fast response time are perfectly tailored for complicated instrumentation projects, such as those related to power semiconductor devices.
The miniature sensor head (0.15×0.15 mm) is protected during handling through a clever retractable design: rigid ceramic tubing (0.64 mm OD) allows for easy piercing of the silicone gel layer for precise sensor positioning. The upper stainless-steel tubing coated with Teflon is curved to optimize eye contact from any viewing angle during manipulation.
To facilitate the mounting and instrumentation of the power modules, the sensor is equipped with a bracket that allows for quick and precise angle adjustment while ensuring the required stability. Delivering unprecedented repeatability and reliability in the most adverse conditions such as high levels of EM, RF, MR and microwave field environments, the sensor is deployed in many power electronics modules or converters for quality control, reliability assessment, or permanent surveillance of those critical devices.
This compact and robust fiber optic temperature sensor is available with different optical cables and sheath options and is customizable according to customer specific applications or for OEM-type applications. ”Device based on patent pending technology of Opsens Solutions Inc.”
- Immune to EM and RF interferences
- Smart retractable design enabling measurement through silicon gel
- Small size (.15 mm OD tip) but robust
- High Temperature range (up to 350 °C)
- Non-invasive (very low thermal mass)
- Fast response time (few ms)
- Practical holder to optimize sensor position
- Mission profiling
- Thermal stress analysis
- High voltage environments
- Junction temperature evaluation of transistor
- Temperature mission profile of power modules
- Quality control of integrated circuit
- Thermal modeling assessment
- Active monitoring of power electronics during service
|Temperature operating & calibrated range||
-40 °C to +250 °C (other ranges available upon request)
± 0.8 °C or better (including both signal conditioner and sensor errors)
A few ms
|Operating humidity range||
1.5 meters standard (Other lengths available)
LCA, ST standard
Teflon™ PTFE (other materials for sheathing available)
|Signal conditioner compatibility||
All Opsens Solutions’ GaAs (SCBG) signal conditioners
Opsens Solutions Inc. reserves the right to make any changes to the above specifications without prior notice.
Do you need help to find your optic temperature sensor ?