Product Line Manager
Opsens (TSX: OPS) is currently seeking an experienced, bilingual, highly motivated by high technologies with a solid technical background individual to join its team as Product Line Manager. The PLM will be interacting with internal/external business partners, sales and customers as well as internal marketing and R&D teams.
The main responsibility of the PLM will be to determine and develop the process required to achieve the customer requirements adequately and profitably on new products.
- Work closely with sales, marketing, R&D and customers to influence the overall product roadmap strategy;
- Gather technology and product customer needs as well as improvement opportunities to align OpSens’ current products selection and future products development;
- Develop product concepts;
- Manage products lifecycle;
- Oversee custom products development;
- OptoMonitor & Guidewire:
- Provide technical support to the Sales force such as during installs;
- Prioritize customers demands and issues;
- Establish a direct link with the sales force, distributors and customers to provide the solutions developed by R&D.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and potential customers, devising strategies to capture identified opportunities, preparing solicited and unsolicited proposals, and verifying cost estimates;
- Develop business cases for new and existing product development/improvement/evolution;
- Maintain close liaison with existing customers to promote customer satisfaction and foster new business opportunities.
- Coordinate with the EMEA sales team to open business development dialogs with key strategic customers. A key focus is to engage in collaborative discussion to determine key operational challenges and define how OpSens’ technologies can solve these challenges;
- Understand customer business metrics and how customer processes influence the achievement of those metrics;
- Provide competitive intelligence – feature set, roadmap, pricing information to marketing and sales teams;
- Identify and attend tradeshows and other business functions to keep abreast of developments in the marketplace and to find potential new business opportunities;
- Create an effective annual business plan that directly supports the strategic and financial goals of the business;
- Report on business opportunities in target markets;
- Plan, develop and work with the marketing communications team on the execution and sustainment for all elements of go-to-market initiatives including: product launches, market research & analysis, outbound messaging, value propositions, differentiation and thought-leadership communications activity;
- Identify potential third-party partnerships and licensing opportunities;
To accomplish his tasks, the candidate should:
- Be aware of the business value of OpSens’ technologies and the associated customer usage and procedures;
- Have developed strong working knowledge of Optical sensors and measurement applications;
- Have developed working knowledge of medical field and applications;
- LM_V2 engBachelor’s Degree in engineering / physics or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience in high technology industries, with a background in product management and/or business development;
- Strong knowledge in optic sensors’ technologies is highly recommended;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English. Other languages are considered an asset;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, strong business acumen and collaborative skills with internal/external partners and customers;
- Autonomous, well organized, and results-oriented;
- Operates with a high degree of professionalism;
- Demonstrates strong judgment and analytical skill;
- Shows initiative and innovative problem solver;
- Travelling: This position requires to travel about 15% of the time.