Opsens Solutions Inc. is currently looking for a designer/developer in the field of fiber optic sensors. Reporting primarily to the Director of Engineering, the main role of the person is to design, develop, analyze, parameterize, and implement fiber optic sensor solutions based on the company’s technologies. The role is highly cross-functional and requires the individual to work with many different players within the company.
The role and tasks
Within the engineering group as well as the research and development group, you are involved in an ambitious project of worldwide scope. Your role is to participate in the design and development of a new generation of fiber optic sensors dedicated to aircraft fuel monitoring for a major aircraft manufacturer and in collaboration with an international team. The main tasks of this position are as follows:
- Participate in the design, development, and prototyping of fiber optic sensors, including the company’s optical MEMS technology sensors. As such, you will be required to master MEMS optical manufacturing techniques and to this end the company is planning an intensive training program on these techniques in which you will participate at the beginning of your employment;
- Develop and implement the tests required for the certification, verification and validation of these sensors according to the standards in force in the aerospace field, in particular according to the DO-160G standard “Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment”;
- Participate in the transfer to production of products resulting from development projects in which you are involved;
- Support the production team by bringing your help and knowledge to the operators in order to correct problems and make the required improvements;
- Participate in the realization of certain special orders for customers, including
- Mechanical design of certain parts (CAD);
- The assembly/instrumentation of certain components;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Effectuer toutes autres tâches connexes.
Qualifications / qualities sought
- University degree or technical degree in physical, optical, industrial engineering or other related field;
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Committed and hands-on person having a manual dexterity for the realization and the manufacturing of sensor prototypes;
- Resourcefulness, autonomy and attention to detail;
- Experience in mechanical design and CAD;
- Enjoys working in a laboratory environment;
- Comfortable writing detailed technical reports;
- Knowledge of photonic optics – an asset;
- Knowledge of Labview software – an asset.